Data Protection Policy
The Parochial Church Council (PCC) of Christ the Servant King (CSK) Hampton
- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
The PCC of Christ the Servant King is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How do we process your personal data?
The PCC of Christ the Servant King complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse,
unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public within the
- To administer membership records;
- To fundraise and promote the interests of the church;
- To manage our employees and volunteers;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at Christ the Servant King Church;
- To provide baptisms, weddings, funerals, burial of ashes, and reading of Banns as governed by Church of England regulations, the Births and Deaths Registration Act and The Marriage Act.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Consent by request for a baptism, funeral, burial of ashes, wedding or reading of Banns to take place and the relevant data provided to do so. Explicit consent to remain in contact after the relevant activity will be obtained for the purposes of keeping you informed of events or activities relating to the initial collection of your data.
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and contact you about stewardship.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under charity, employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a religious aim provided: –
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other
members of the church in order to carry out a service to yourselves or other church members
or for purposes connected with the church. We will only share your data with third parties
outside of the parish with your consent.
- How long do we keep your personal data*?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the guide “Keep or Bin: Care of Your
Parish Records” which is available from the Church of England website [see footnote for link].
Specifically, we retain electoral roll data while it is still current; gift aid declarations and
associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate; and parish
registers (baptisms, marriages, funerals) permanently.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to
your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the PCC of Christ the Servant King holds about you;
- The right to request that the PCC of Christ the Servant King corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the PCC of Christ the Servant King to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the Parish Administrator at
Christ the Servant King Church, Silver Hill, Hampton, Peterborough PE7 8FF
Telephone: 01733 248236.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email
https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.